Periotomes are the original, patented instruments for severing the ligaments in the periodontal space. This instrument features a very thin and flexible blade that is sharpened along the entire edge.
The Periotomes are the finest and least traumatic extraction instrument available. When applied properly, they can completely sever the periodontal ligament without the need for further instrumentation.
• Used at the beginning of any extraction
• Flexible to follow the curvature of the root
• Feature a sharpened edge along the entire radius
• Thin enough to apply along the fragile buccal wall
• Most conservative ligament incising instruments available
• Sever the periodontal ligament without expansion to the alveolus
• Available in three configurations; Anterior, Posterior and Perpendicular
• Inserted vertically into the PDL space, parallel to the long axis of the root
• Titanium nitride coated for durability and edge retention; they never need sharpening
• Reduce the need for traditional elevation and reduce rotational luxation with extraction forceps
The Aetranox™ extraction surgical forceps from Karl Schumacher have a stainless steel sleek black finish on these instruments does more than just look cool and reduce instrument-reflected light from headlamps or...
APICAL RETENTION FORCEPS™ These are the original Karl Schumacher atraumatic extraction forceps. The complete set of six was designed with five major mechanical advantages in order to eliminate the basic...
Karl Schumacher Tissue Forceps Precisely ground interlocking tungsten carbide inserts are perfect for securely grasping and pulling the needle during suture placement (TIF0963). Eight sharpened, interlocking teeth on each edge...